The importance of solidarity
We from Spainbirds Nature Tours have the firm belief that the protection of Nature must be a priority for all human beings living on this Planet. Sensitivity, respect and love of wildlife are strongly linked to the education that we received from childhood, continuing the traditions passed from generation to generation since ancient cultures.
This is the reason why we have always tried to get involved in different local projects and actions focused on the protection of wildlife and its ecosystems, in addition to conveying our passion to the birdlife to the men and women of a future: our children.
Our efforts have been focused to in some way connect our “impact” as tourists with Nature conservation wherever we have been traveling with our groups. Some of these actions carried out by Spainbirds Nature Tours to contribute to the education and protection of the Nature have been as follows:
- School supplies delivered annually to “our” school in the High Atlas (Morocco), the Madrass Ait Al Kaf, 2013 – 2019.
- School supplies delivered to the Ugandan schools of Rainbow Infant School & Mother Care of Entebbe and the Rogan Nursery School of Kizinda, 2018 & 2019.
- School supplies delivered to “our” school in The Gambia, the Pirang Basic Cycle School (2013, 2014, 2017 & 2018)
- Pirang Project: With the help of our travelers we built new toilets for the Pirang Basic Cycle School (2018).
- Donations to the local environmental NGO Amus to protect the steppic bird species and their habitat in Extremadura (2014 & 2017)
- Donation to SEO/BirdLife to help to modify some of the most dangerous power lines to raptors in Spain (2007).
- Financing in full of the “I Congress of the Iberian Fauna” organized in Madrid by Spainbirds Nature Tours with free-assistance of more than 250 people (2013).
- Optics and other equipment (walkie-talkies, watches, clothing…) delivered to local guides in Morocco, The Gambia and Uganda.
- Additionally, some of our clients have made personal donations to organizations such as SEO/BirdLife, Conservation for Bearded Vultures Foundation (FCQ) or the Brown Bear Foundation (FOP).